Hot Chocolate Spoons

Hot Chocolate Spoons

Hot Chocolate Spoons are perfect for stirring up a mug of hot chocolate or coffee! Try making them with any variety of chocolate and candy. My favorite is definitely the salted caramel!

Create these spoons for a hot chocolate bar, give them as favors at your next Christmas party, use them as stocking stuffers, or enjoy them yourself! Try serving them with my homemade Malted Hot Chocolate Mix!

Hot Chocolate Spoons

I used these wooden spoons for this DIY, and created these flavor combinations:

Salted Caramel // melted caramel squares topped with coarse sea salt
Dark Chocolate Toffee // melted semi-sweet chocolate chips topped with toffee bits
Peppermint White Chocolate // melted white chocolate chips topped with crushed peppermint

Hot Chocolate Spoons

Begin by melting chocolate or caramels. Melt in microwave-safe bowls, according to package directions (you want the chocolate or caramel to fully re-harden, so don’t add any liquids or oil).

Dip a spoon into the melted chocolate so that the spoon is filled with chocolate. Scrape the bottom of the spoon against the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Sprinkle with topping of choice. Lay flat to dry.

Hot Chocolate Spoons

Once completely dry, wrap the top of each spoon with plastic wrap and secure with twine!

Facebook // Etsy // Pinterest // Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin’

42 Comments Add yours

1. cbogosian2 says:

How cute! I recently made some of these to give out as a gift! I wrapped a few up with a mug and some hot chocolate packets :)

1. I love that idea, handmade treats are the best!

2. donna says:

Where did you purchase wooden spoons? These are adorable!

1. Thank you so much! I bought these spoons on an online party supply store a while back, but I’ve recently seen them for sale on Amazon.

3. shell chic'd says:

These look AMAZING! Would be so fun to have at a little hot chocolate bar at holiday parties! Especially want to try that salted caramel one….

1. The salted caramel spoons really do make a great salted caramel hot chocolate (or mocha)!

4. Awesome idea! I love how you mixed things up, too, and used other ingredients for two of them besides dark chocolate.

1. Thanks Allison! These are one of my favorite easy-to-make holiday treats.

5. writermomangela says:

These are awesome! I would love to make these, or receive them! Thanks for posting them on LOBS!

1. Thanks for stopping by!

6. Shae these are just gorgeous! :)

7. littleappletreeblog says:

These look fantastic! I really like the salted caramel one–I’m always a bit disappointed by the lack of salt when I buy a salted caramel latte and the spoons in your pictures look like they have just the right amount.

Visiting via #LOBS

1. I hope you give them a try, thanks so much for stopping by!

8. Hubbard says:

Super cute! Great idea!

9. Jamie Irwin says:

Can you freeze them?

1. Hi Jamie! I’ve often frozen chocolate candies with a good outcome, I imagine that these would freeze well too! They may not look quite as pretty, the appearance of the chocolate may cloud up, but they should taste good!

10. melissa says:

For the caramel spoons, did you use the soft square caramels or more of a hard candy werther’s type? Thanks!

1. Hi Melissa! I used the soft caramel squares, like the kind you’d use for caramel apples. I’ve found that they melt easily and set nicely!

11. samantha says:

Could plastic spoons be used?

1. Yes! In the past I’ve used the plastic spoons that have the faux silverware finish and they worked well.

12. Ashley says:

After they harden, do they have to stay refrigerated? Or are they safe to be at room temp- as far as ‘mess’ is concerned

1. These spoons hold up perfectly at room temperature! They may have more of a tendency to melt if you thin the chocolate down with oil, or if they’re made in warmer summer weather.

13. Trisha jakowchuk says:

Do you know how long these last? I would love to make them way in advance for a huge party I’m having if they’ll keep. They look so yummy and pretty!

1. Thanks Trisha! If wrapped well, they’ll last for at least several weeks!

14. Nicole says:

Awesome idea and so easy! Definitely trying this. :)

1. Nancy says:

I am SOOOOO going to make these. Am co-hosting a “Baby it’s Cold Outside” baby shower in a couple weeks. These will be PERFECT for the hot chocolate bar. Thank you!!!