I first tasted this spicy broccoli cheese soup at Hoffbrau, a local Texas steak house. I’m not really a steak fan, but I love going there for their Broccoli Cheese Jalapeño Soup. It is so deliciously cheesy with the perfect amount of spiciness! I was searching for a copycat recipe and was pretty excited when I found that the actual recipe for this soup is on the Hoffrbrau website!
I didn’t change the recipe but I did attempt to simplify it and I converted measurements to cups. If you want to take a look at the original recipe, you can find it here. This recipe makes a fairly large batch of soup, try halving the recipe if you don’t want this many servings!
Broccoli Cheese Jalapeño Soup 8-10 servings
- ½ cup corn starch
- 5 cups broccoli (about 2 bunches)
- 2 lbs Velveeta
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup jalapeños (canned)
- ½ cup water (cold)
- 8 cups water
– Place jalapeños into a blender with a little bit of water, blend until jalapeños are puréed.
– Cut the cheese into small cubes.
– Whisk corn starch into ½ cup of cold water and set aside.
– Chop broccoli into small pieces and place into a saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, then drain.
– In another pot, add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, whisk in cheese soup. Keep whisking and add the corn starch mixture. Turn burner off and carefully add cheese cubes to the pot. Keep stirring until cheese has melted. Mix in steamed broccoli and jalapeño purée. And enjoy!
This soup is perfect for cool Fall evenings! Let me know if you give this recipe a try!