Peanut Butter Bars (Reese’s copycat)
That’s right, today’s recipe is all about making homemade candy bars! Looking for a quick no-bake dessert? Look no further, these peanut butter bars are just the thing to satisfy your sweet tooth!
I made these PB bars with my husband in mind… but I have to be honest, I’ve definitely eaten my fair share! Drew did love these. After his first taste, he even told me that “these are the single best thing you’ve ever made in your entire life”.
If you love Reese’s, you should try these addicting bars for yourself! My recipe was slightly altered from here.
Peanut Butter Bars (Reese’s copycat) 2 dozen bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips*
- 1 tsp oil (I used coconut oil)
- Start by finely crushing graham crackers. Seriously, this is the step that took me the longest. I crushed the graham crackers under a measuring cup but it really took so long. I would suggest placing the grahams into a plastic bag and going over them with a rolling pin (whatever method you choose, just make sure that the crumbs end up very fine).
- Place butter, sugars, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt into a small saucepan and heat, stirring frequently, until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour into a parchment lined pan (I used an 8″x8″ pan to create a thick bar). Place into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and oil in microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat this process until chocolate is smooth and melted. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Pop the pan back into the fridge for at least an hour before slicing this dessert into bars. Cut dessert while cold (let sit out for several minutes if the chocolate is too brittle to cut straight from the refrigerator). These peanut butter bars are best served at room temperature, but store bars in the fridge. Freeze extra peanut butter bars for later!
* NOTE: I used a mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate and used less than 2 cups of chocolate. Why? Because the peanut butter is absolutely my favorite part! Use as much as you’d like if you’re a chocolate fanatic!